Monday, September 18, 2006

A hard days work

What a horrid day Sunday was just about everything I played conspired against me. I tried various tournys during the day but to no avail. Starting with the $10 mtt at 3am no cards of note so a very very tight game kept me in the hunt for either the $10 or 1 of the $60 coupons. But alas right at the end on the bubble, dealt KQoff Q rags flop I re-raised allin only to see AQ against me..... Is this the start
The 200teed, 300teed and the 1kteed just not getting a chance this dosen't bode well for tonites 2 10k's.
I decided to leave well alone till the 10k freeroll. Once this started I found that I was starting to catch, things are changing lol. Was doing great till the break after which the hands just dried up a mix of chasing and bad luck sees me out around 220th doh 150 to money. Meanwhile the 10kteed has started and in a similar vain it starts of very well. I manage to get up around 10k in chips then the hands start to dry up. As there are only 28 players left in I tighten right up after all that has gone before today. Determined to at least get into the money. Although I have no hands of note and the blinds are starting to bite my stack is high enough to money. Now to try n improve. With antes and blinds now eating into my stack I make a call at the wrong time dropping down to 17th and last 5k left the blinds 600/1200 with 100 antes means I wont last long. Having to wait for the right moment to try now and double up. But alas nothing comes. I know have just 400 chips still 17th and resigned to getting $100. I push all in on the next hand 10J. I hit a st8 getting 4x my stake. Then another allin push and another brings me back to 10k. A few hands later a pp loses a big chunk of my stack again, but I have at least made it to 11th. I have A8 off and push allin it is stacked round to the same guy who has taken my chips all night. After a long pause he calls 45 suited. On the other table a player exits. I'm now 10th. We all join together at the final table. Flop turn and river he catches a 5 and so as soon as I join the final table I'm out. Still I made it to 10th and $175. Much more than I expected when I was 17th and holding 400 chips.
What a hard game. Alittle over 500 points now needed for next Sundays 50k freeroll. Hope I get the chance to do well in that

No comments: