Saturday, July 01, 2006

A coupon arrives

The last chance event. This is the last time to be able to aquire a coupon to the blogger grand final.
Problem.......It kicks off at 19:30 lobby, thats is 1:30 in the morning where I am. After all the other events kisked off at 9:30pm here, this was somewhat of a shock..... But!!! there was more to come. Having played in a good few of these, as you may have read, I have seen a lot of places go unclaimed as they were "won" by players who already have coupons. When I querried this at one of the tournies, I was told not to worry as any unwon coupons would simply be added to the last chance game. imagine my surprise when I register to see the description. Top 10 players will be manually awarded coupons? What happened to the other 12 places that were re-won.
So no easy ride then, was hoping to try and get to about 20-21st place then off to bed in the knowledge I would recieve a coupon.
So at 1:30 am we kick off 40 players some with coupons all vieing for their chance of the coupon and a share of the $500 prize pool. Things went along very slowly till the blinds started to take effect. Eventually I managed to win alittle/ hold out alittle till I finally managed to arrive on the last table, short stack or very near. Safe in the knowledge now I am in the final on Saturday. The final table was very tight so I don't know how I managed to scrap my way into 4th spot to top off the night or should I say morning with a $60 prize.

Now for Saturday, 5000 starting chips. Another very long game instore I think. Still at least I know I have some poker.com merchandise but who knows maybe an Ipod, 30"LCD or even A trip to vegas. LOL did I say that out loud. How awesome that would be my first ever live game the WSOP. I told you it started late last night, I'm still dreaming now....
Wish me luck

No comments: