Monday, January 29, 2007

Differing results


After playing in poker.com's big 2 this Sunday I ended up getting knocked out of the $50,000 in around 375th place. The tourny started paying from 300 up. Oh well if it wasn't to be.....


The final Winter championship tourny, a $30,000 guaranteed sporting a $60 buyin, was slightly different story.

From the begining I made a little/lost a little. So it went till the 1st break. After the blinds/my stack where now getting quite high. Not sure if it was the tourny structure but the rose to a fairly high level quite quickly even though they where 15min levels. This made it easy for those that had aquired a fair size stack to bully the tables. I had on both that I was at one such player immediately to my right. He would not let me see a flop, pushing all his chips in if it was folded round to him in the sb. As i was somewhat card dead I was not willing to call any of his plays. Instead deciding to play very tight. Tight thats a laugh I never had another hand. getting desperate for a few chips to help keep me in a little longer I got 44 in sb. A big stack raises 2x in mid as he had done most times it was folded to him so he could pos collect the blinds and anti's. So I push allin my last 3.5k bb folds as does the raiser lol. Thats the only action I had until the bubble. Top 60 pay, I find that the anti's and blinds have whittled away at my meagre stack to leave me now facing the prospect of the bb putting me allin and in 61st position :(

As always it was folded round to the sb who duly pushed allin just, for show, as he had done all night if he could on my bb. I'm holding J9 off not too bad a holding got possibilities. Sb shows 84 off flop comes J82 not bad I actually caught may just be hope yet. Turn is a 4 giving him 2 pair and with it my last hope in tonights tourny. River 9 Woohoo 2 pair I'm alive. With enough now for one more round I'm not bothered as 2players get knocked out in the hand for hand mode. I have made the money.

Very next had I am dealt KK, whats this a new deck of cards or what. I ofc push allin get on caller and with the anti's a bb make a little more. Next hand AK suited eek...........

Unfortunately no action with this hand and so just scoop the anti's n blinds. But it was just enough to see me blind out again this time while in 38 th place. Holding 56 off I get called he's holding KJ off I manage to catch once again. A 6 onthe flop but along with 2x J's the to make sure I am out a K on the river to give him the boat. All in all not bad not much in the way of cards to play, nearly dead and burried on the bubble so to come away with $150 is a nice present.


No comments: