Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A brief outline

I started playing poker for fun last October as an online game treating it much the same a others I have played -pool, jewel quest, runescape , puzzles etc. It was only when I stumbled upon a site, Poker.com, that I realised you can turn this fun into the possibility of cash. There are every 3hours free to enter tournaments that pay real cash to the winners. I duly started to play these as often as I could eventually recieving $5. What can I do with $5. I checked out the real tables and I also saw more tournaments that you buy into. Both of these I saw gave away what Poker.com call computer points. Obviously these are there for the purpose of keeping you playing real money tables, so whats the reward? Upon further examination I found that the site runs 3 other "freerolls" these use the aquired computer points as a way to enter. The prize money on offer really got me intrigued. 1 has a prize fund of $20,000 with the other 2 both $4,000, these are run every week. Well now I just have to try and accumulate enough points to try these out.
With my new found $5 winnings I ventured on the tables intent on not winning money but collecting the points. Realising very soon because of the blinds that you also need to win a few hands to keep from going bust. I stopped playing then and checked out the process for depositing on the site and duly sent $25 to top up what I had left.
Now that I have a little more on the site I went about gaining those points again. I found that you can get enough points fairly easily with alittle care. 1 week after making a deposit I was in a position to try my 1st big tournament for real cash. I entered the $20,000 played every Sunday and after 4hrs of playing I finished 4th out of 1200 or so players. But what was more amazing was that I bankroll had swelled to the turn of $1,000. Never played proper real money games before and here I am 1 week later with $1,000. Needless to say I withdrew a large amount straight away. In the 3 months since then I have won a few more times in these freerolls to the tune of nearly $3,000.

I am now wondering if it is possible to keep this up and ever increase it to such a level that you can live of it as if it was a job. There are such alot of games going on 24/7 that I can see the possibilites.Shall I try and do just that? My 1st aim must be to try and be consistant . As I have no idea how the game works properly, when to stay fold raise bluff I will also have to learn all this as I go along.
So here goes nothing ventured nothing gained

No comments: