Sunday, April 16, 2006

Tilt

Well its only been four days since the introduction of the new promo and the tables are filling up like theres no tomorrow.
I'm just surprised by the hands people will play. I am quite new to the game and still trying to aquire info on best ways to play. I can't anything to help with the kind of plays that I have experienced in the last three days !! What point is there to trying to play the "right type" of game if you are not going to win any. Is there any place that has any info on playing the same way or how to defeat these plays.....
I was on one table low stakes, .10 / .25 NL, I was only there to gain the comp points for the promo. Still you have to win a few to keep from constantly having to add to the table. I played 170 games and managed only 3 wins. 3 I ask you, probable could have won more by playing every hand out, If I had enough money to. I played in those 170 games 3 sets of pocket J's 2 sets Q's 3 sets K's and AK suited twice off once. Of all these only one set of Q's won the rest lost. Is it the way I play? don't know yet. Perhaps i dont play them hard enough, yet If I play harder other players pack. Hard to get the balance right. Lost nearly all my bankroll in the last three days. Managed to pull some back today, got 2nd in a $300 guaranteed. Then theres the $20,000 tonight perhaps..... you never know.
Oh I played in my first blogger tourny Sat night. Could have made a mint at the bookies with my luck of late. Guess where I finished....................yep right on the button 11th place you just gotta laugh.
Stll noticing how the site seems to favour chip leaders, table leaders as you near the button. Could be people get desperate and go more on hands the wouldn't usually? Yet there's some pretty good hands beat by some very iffy calls. I'll keep a check and see how this develops. Perhaps I could form a strategy around it. Later peeps

No comments: